Friday, June 19, 2015

the thrill of...

finally finishing a sculpt.  After hours of work, tweaking, adding clay, taking some away, you finally deem your creation worthy of the oven.  Now, you know that after the clay is baked, you can't change it so you spend an extra part of your day smoothing, tweaking and smoothing again to make sure every last crease is absolutely perfect.  Then you take a deep breath, put your sculpt in the oven, set the timer, cross your fingers and hope for the best (aka no cracks).

If you haven't guessed yet, my little asian sculpt was finished after spending all day working on it.  She's in the oven now and I'm reaaally hoping she comes out perfectly crack free! Especially since I'm looking to get her reproduced. ;) Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck with my life size sculpts not cracking, but there's a first time for everything, right? I'll let you know how she turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment